Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2007

Leaving for outreach


Wow, time is just flying by. After Impact Summer and Christmas, it's finally time for our major outreach. Soon most of you should receive my newsletter anyway and you know more about what has been happening here.
Check out wikipedia to get some info on Palm Island, the first place we will go to. Pretty intense place! You actually have to be invited by a local to be able to go there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Island,_Queensland
So, this is our team:
last row from left to right: Sam from Australia, Dan from Canada, Shawn from the US (yeah, yeah, if I was American, I would actually say the state but hey, most of you don't know where the different states are anyway, so I won't even go there).
Second row from left to right: Chayenne, Megan, Rebecca (all from the USA)
First row: Janina from Finland, me (in case a random person who does not know me is reading this blog) and Aisea from Tonga.
(the two people in the back are NOT on our team, by the way. They were just taking pictures of us...I probably should have cut them out, but too tired to so right now)
Considering all the different nationalities that are represented on the DTS (let's face it, DTS in Townsville are ruled by Northamericans), we have the most international team. So, that's pretty cool. Ok, I really have to go to bed. Just finished with packing and I still need to take a shower and then I can sleep about 1 1/2 hours before it's time to get up again! Yeah!

Please pray for us as a team and the people we encounter. It really makes such a difference!

1 Kommentar:

Unknown hat gesagt…

Liebe Chrissie,
wir denken und beten für Dich.
Liebe Grüße aus den US (Missouri!!!!).
Heike & Jim