Montag, 24. September 2007

Ministry areas at Reef to Outback

Sometimes I wonder if people at home get a little confused when I start mentioning different ministry areas here at Reef to Outback. There is a lot going on at the same time but on the other hand, we are all interdependent in a way; that's how it is possible to be officially in one ministry area but still help out at another one when help is needed.
I guess it would be like being in the children's ministry but help out at the fellowship ministry when help is needed because they are both ministry areas of the church. Then on the other hand, it might be a bad example because of course it is possible to be in more than one ministry at church anyway.
But when I was in "Youth Ministries", I still helped out in "Campus Life and Events" when we didn't have a lot to do and when they really needed help. Makes sense?

Anyway, I added a organisational chart of Reef to Outback so that you can have an overview of what Reef to Outback consists of. Click on it to enlarge. The orange half is our base operation in Townsville where I live now while the white one belongs to Darwin. They both belong to Reef to Outback.
So far I have been involved in the ones that have a red line around them. "Community Outreach" (which oversees all the ones below) doesn't really count since I was only there for 3 days :-)

I hope this might help for the future when I mention different ministry areas.

Keine Kommentare: